SDBA EMPLOYMENT LISTINGS
- NEWS DIRECTOR, RIVERFRONT BROADCASTING, LLC, PIERRE, SD
The primary station is KCCR–AM in Pierre SD, it’s relevance to the public rests nearly exclusively on providing local information. A News Director with good instincts, programming and public affairs creativity along with a resolve to be involved in the community and its issues will be the dominant assets of the successful candidate.
Good to excellent writing and presentation skills punctuality, attendance as well a professional dress and temperament will be equally considered as well as the ability to execute the core duties listed below.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Gather news of local/area interest for broadcast, based on community needs and interests.
2. Deliver daily newscasts on KCCR-AM plus news capsules on affiliated stations
3. Exercise the ability and judgment in choosing broadcast stories appropriate to the target and audience coverage area.
4. Primarily a 40-50 hour Monday-Friday work week, however weekend news coverage involving breaking news/weather will be expected as needed as well as some evening meetings..
5. Monitor for breaking news and weather to ensure proper live coverage as warranted.
6. Develop and cultivate news sources.
7. News updates on websites and social media as needed.
8. Supply news stories daily for printed news sheet
9. Aid in recruitment of local figures to bring in special public service programming and announcements which will both fill a community need and compliment the sound of the station.
10. Keep records of news and public affairs efforts used in the quarterly issues report for the FCC Public File. Submit quarterly issues information for incorporation to FCC mandated quarterly report to the General Manager.
11. Any other duties needed and assigned by the General Manager and/or the Operations Manager.
1. Salary paid in equal installments on the 15th and last day of each calendar month.
2. 2 Weeks Paid vacation beginning after the first year.
3. Company pays 50% of employee on company health insurance
4. Supplemental AFLAC, vision, dental insurance coverage available at employee expense.
5. 401K plan available after first year.
Posted: FEBRUARY 25, 2015
- NEWS PRODUCTION ASSISTANT, KMEG14/FOX44 TV, SIOUX CITY, IA
KMEG14/FOX44 is seeking a FT production
Make your mark in broadcasting. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc is one of the largest and
most diversified television broadcasting companies in the nation, programming
162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets after pending transactions. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team which believes in a vision and is dedicated to making Sinclair
Broadcast Group a communications powerhouse. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
editing experience (Adobe Premier)
• Studio and set preparation
• Maintaining studio
• Floor Directing
• Updating website/social media
• Video server operation
• Other duties as assigned
Experience is not necessary, but
education and/or internship in television or related field preferred. Training will be provided.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud
to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Contact Vikki Jacobs
Posted: FEBRUARY 23, 2015
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, WNAX RADIO, YANKTON, SD
Proactively develop and communicate advertising solutions to existing and potential customers to generate revenue for stations.
• Manage existing accounts by maintaining and growing their business with the station
• Proactively develop new client base
• Represent the station in a professional and ethical manner
• Communicate account information and needs to internal and complete appropriate paperwork
• Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
• Travel within assigned territory including potential overnight stays
• Previous sales experience preferred
• Ability to develop creative marketing strategies and advertising solutions
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Laptop computer suggested
• Computer skills to include excel, power point and word
• Strong client focus
• Ability to develop positive relationships and represent the station in a professional and ethical manner
• Highly motivated
• Provide own transportation and be able to travel to customer locations
LeAnn Gill, GSM
1609 Highway 50 E
Yankton, SD 57078
CLOSING DATE 02/28/15
Posted: FEBRUARY 18, 2015
- FILL IN TALENT, BADLANDS RADIO NETWORK, SIOUX FALLS, SD
The Badlands Radio network is launching in Sioux Falls, SD Thanksgiving Day 2015 and we are looking for weekend stars and DJ's that can step in on a weekday when we have our Badlands Band out on the road, playing our brand of 'Badlands Rock'. If you have a minimum of three years on-air experience, are outgoing, comfortable with being around celebrities, are a social media monster, can be a part of our TV show, and want to be in on the ground floor of something completely new as we broadcast from the Badlands Pawn building, Home of Guns, Gold and Rock & Roll, then we want to talk to you. EOE
Send a resume, air check, salary requirements and social media pages to Crash, Program Director at:
Posted: FEBRUARY 18, 2015
- ON AIR TALENT, BADLANDS RADIO NETWORK, SIOUX FALLS, SD
The Badlands Radio network is launching in Sioux Falls, SD Thanksgiving Day 2015 and we are looking for the next full time on air stars playing our brand of 'Badlands Rock'. If you have a minimum of five years full time experience, are outgoing, comfortable with live appearances and interviewing celebrities, are a social media monster, can be a part of our TV show, and want to be on the ground floor of something completely new as we broadcast from the Badlands Pawn building, Home of Guns, Gold and Rock & Roll, then we want to talk to you. EOE
Send a resume, air check, salary requirements and social media pages to Crash, Program Director at:
Posted: FEBRUARY 18, 2015
- SALES – ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, KMEG/KPTH-TV, SIOUX CITY, NE
seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Sales Account Executive who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective TV and digital advertising. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, an enthusiastic and outgoing personality with a drive to succeed. Most importantly - we are looking for hard-working salespeople who want to have FUN at work, make money and help local businesses grow.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
• Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and other station products by reaching out to local businesses and other advertisers
• Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating TV, online and digital mediums
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Attain budgeted revenue goals through effective solicitations, promotions and service
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 2/4/2015
Closing Date: 3/4/2015
City: Sioux City
•Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
•Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
•Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
•Competitive, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated
•Ability to overcome objections
•Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media required
•Outside media sales experience preferred but not required
•Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
•Professional appearance a must
Our Account Executives are some of the highest commissioned sales people in the industry. If you are interested in selling some of the best media in the industry, we want to hear from you!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to www.sbgi.net/employment
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted: FEBRUARY 04, 2015
- VIDEOGRAPHER/PHOTOJOURNALIST, TV, RAPID CITY, SD
KEVN-TV in Rapid City, South Dakota is seeking a videographer/photojournalist. Must have an eye for quality video and be willing to go the extra mile for that great shot. Successful candidate will be reliable and self-sufficient, will often go on shoots alone. Must have good driving record. KEVN-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Rush tapes and resumes to:
PO Box 677
Rapid City, SD 57709
Posted: JANUARY 26, 2015
- CHIEF ENGINEER, RADIO, MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS
Midwest Communications, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, has a rare full time opening for a Chief Engineer. Stations in our group include KELO, KELO-FM, KELQ, KRRO, KTWB, KWSN and KQSF (2 AM’s and 5 FM’s). We serve Central and Eastern South Dakota, Southwest Minnesota, Northwest Iowa and portions of Northeast Nebraska.
You should possess a strong understanding of electronics theory in general and have experience in “trouble shooting” and repair down to component level. Be able to perform corrective maintenance to all radio equipment. Handle "on call" emergency repairs and preventive maintenance schedules. Maintain inventory of spare parts. Install new equipment and design circuits to meet desired programming and sound quality objectives. Command a working knowledge of computers and networking, WAN, LAN, IP and internet protocol configurations. Radio automation experience is preferred; experience with “Wide Orbit For Radio” software a plus. You must understand high power AM & FM transmitter operation and have proven experience in transmitter site maintenance and Federal Communications Commission legal operating parameters. You should possess a strong understanding of KU-band and C-band satellite downlinks.
Our Chief Engineer also serves as Chief Operator of these stations as defined by law. Chief Operator duties include regular travel to each transmitter site for record keeping, maintenance and repairs. Review weekly EAS/CAP tests as sent and received. Keep documentation in proper order.
The ideal candidate should have excellent communication and organizational skills. Your interactions will include station employees, managers and outside vendors / consultants. Coordinate building & grounds maintenance, internal systems, non-radio equipment and utilize outside vendors as necessary. The ideal candidate should be able to act independently, display flexibility, creativity, develop innovative solutions and be constructive member of the station’s team.
Minimum 3 years Broadcast Engineering or Information Technology experience.
College or Technical School education in related fields.
Must have unrestricted work authorization for full time employment in the United States.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must have a current, valid driver’s license.
Ability and willingness to travel and work overtime and on weekends with short notice.
This is a full time position. You must be available to keep the stations operating 24/7 and be able to work early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends and weather emergencies as necessary.
South Dakota is a great place to live and work, plus we have no state income tax.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to Tom Mitchell, Operations Manager at KELO-FM, 500 South Phillips Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD. 57104.
"Midwest Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer by choice".
Posted: JANUARY 20, 2015
- SALES ASSISTANT, KDLT TV, SIOUX FALLS, SD
KDLT-TV, the NBC affiliate in Sioux Falls, South Dakota is searching for a Full Time Sales Assistant to join our team.
Assist our National and Local Sales Departments with negotiation, securing orders, and managing orders for television airtime acting as liaison between station personnel, media buyers, and sales people. This is an entry-level position for someone interested in television sales.
• Develop a firm understanding of the sales process, Nielsen ratings, OSi software, and Medialine software.
• Maintaining orders once placed including revisions due to program changes and/or pre-empted spots
• Accurately entering, and maintaining sales orders, make goods and revisions, including generation of contracts and file maintenance into traffic system.
• Process large volumes of work with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency and be extremely organized to be able to juggle multiple assignments for the National Sales Manager, National Reps, and Account Executives.
• Handle special projects assigned by Local Account Executives, Sales Managers, Traffic Department and/or Director of Sales.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
College degree in communications, public relations, advertising, or business preferred though not required, coupled with a passion for building a career in sales and advertising.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications, especially in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize effectively
• Strong people and relationship management skills
• Must be detail orientated and analytical with good mathematics skills
• Creative and organized
Send resume to:
3600 S. Westport Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
Attn: General Manager
Or e-mail resume to:
Please put Sales Assistant in subject line.
KDLT-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: JANUARY 20, 2015
- ANNOUNCER, RADIO, JAMESTOWN, ND
Heritage, Regional 5000-Watt KSJB (600-AM), Jamestown, ND is accepting applications for full-time afternoons. This position opened with the death of our host since 2003.
Operated by Chesterman Communications of Jamestown, Inc., KSJB-AM/KSJZ-FM are locally owned and operated, independent stations that will be a career tonic to Corporate-weary veterans or a great opportunity for entry-level individuals.
This is ultra-small-market radio (pop. 16,000) and that is reflected in compensation. Base pay is $30,600 for experienced applicants (or per qualifications); negotiated with entry-level applicants. A moving advance is available with no repayment after 3 years of employment. Other income sources are outlined in our full job description.
We are a stable, profitable operation that offers a high quality of personal and professional life in a great community. Ownership has been in place since 1990, Management since 1998. Our sales staff of 5 has been in place for 16+ years.
Program staff includes 5 FT plus a News Director for our 2 stations: more real people than staff clusters in many markets. KSJB staff members enjoy modern operations with ENCO and radiotraffic.com systems.
KSJB has the 18’Th largest land coverage in North America at 29,400 square miles and completed a 100% total rebuild of its 1946 facilities; in 2014.
Prior life and work experience in smaller markets and/or the upper Midwest a plus but not a requirement. We reserve the right to require applicants and employees to participate in background and/or drug testing prior to hiring and during employment.
To apply by e-mail and get a comprehensive job description, send a cover letter, resume and air check to Patrick R. Pfeiffer, VP/GM at email@example.com
Or by surface mail to Patrick R. Pfeiffer, VP/GM, KSJB-AM, 2400 8’Th Ave SW, D1, Jamestown ND 58401
Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by Jarrett Stevens, O.M. within 2 days.
Chesterman Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted: JANUARY 13, 2015
- ADVERTISING SALES REPRESENTATIVE, MIDWEST COMMUNICATIONS, SIOUX FALLS, SD
Midwest Communications is currently seeking applicants for an outside advertising sales representative. This individual will be representing several of our On Air / Online radio stations and working with a variety of existing and potential clients. Your day-to-day mission is to initiate conversation, develop relationships, identify opportunities, and provide profitable solutions utilizing our media platform.
Media sales are not required but outside sales experience is certainly an asset. Being well versed in business fundamentals is needed. Having good presence and being a strong communicator is essential. If you can light up a room and get people’s attention in less than 5 minutes, that is a good first step and will move you forward in our interview process.
We provide extensive training, a good salary to get started, and a competitive compensation plan with full benefits. The majority of our sales force has been with us over four years and earn well beyond average income.
If this position sounds like you and you have a valid driver’s license, send your materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at our studios at 500 S. Phillips in Sioux Falls.
Midwest Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Posted: JANUARY 02, 2015
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, KJAM RADIO, MADISON, SD
KJAM AM /KJAM FM in Madison, South Dakota are looking for a highly motivated Account Executive that will be a resource to our clients and provide them with ideas and plans to help grow their business.
Computer skills, verbal skills, writing skills and a good driving record are necessary. This is a full time position. EOE
Email Resume to Peg Nordling, at email@example.com
Posted: DECEMBER 04, 2014
search listings | show all listings